Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Monday, February 14, 2011

Side Adventure Leads to New Adventure

On my way to visit my brother in NE Jacksonville I pass this building glimpsed through viaducts of highways that criss-cross each other.

What caught my eye was the wink of Neo-Classic pedimented porticos supported by colossal Doric columns squeezed between I-95 and I-10 freeways.

The highways are literally 200ft from the second story windows.

She is Public School # 4, also known as Annie Lytle Public School. She was started in 1891 and was rebuilt in red brick in 1917. Abandoned and condemned in 1971 the school has been vandalized for years.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive