Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Thursday, July 20, 2017

My Arms Are Tired!

Seven new lamps arrived, double boxed, weighed a ton! Popped the boxes open and it was like I was hatching eggs! After I cleaned all the packaging off and set them on the table I knew I had some winners! The tallest ones, in the background, are 36" tall. Perfect for 17' ceilings in a large living room on the lake. The  blue and white lamps, with the crystal bases are stunning. The colorful ginger jars are perfect for fish camp. 

Monday was pillow making day! Sewed six of these babies and brought them into the shop so I could finish them up. I need to stitch them close. Fun brights for this time of year to pop your porch or guest room. Sometimes just a new pillow and lamp are all you need to freshen your space. 

I promised I would show you and here they are! Pillow shams made from Liberty Of London cotton voile. This set, paired with Pine Cone Hill pillow shams, are so sharp for a masculine bed. I know who should have these! 

Who doesn't love pink and green with a dab of orange? The little Princess Charlotte is, all over the English press, wearing Liberty Of London cotton voile, smocked dresses. So charming. 

This is me, poppy red, navy linen on pure white bedding. I have nightshirts coming in the spring. The fabric is soft and light, perfect for sleeping. 

Have I mentioned the colors? The dye lots are vibrant. The pattern, printed so distinctly, is like a stain glass window full of light. Unpacking lamps, breaking down boxes, cutting fabric for pillows, stuffing and plumping shams has my, finger, wrists and shoulders aching this morning.

All in a shop owner's day of work!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive