Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Sunday, January 21, 2018

Sunday Musings

Peony tulips
lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com
Thinking about what I will paint over spring break! It comes early this year, Easter being April first! 2017 Easter was on April sixteen, more than two weeks later. There are not a lot of people around during Easter vacation, it seems most travel south for a few days. It will allow me extra time to tweak Anchor Cottage before it opens for the season. 

How pretty is this? blues and corals are perfect together. Thibaut paper, oomph…
oomphonline.com
Color is on my mind, in a big way, because I want to use yellow floral wall paper and curtains in the same pattern, but what about all the other colorways I sell in my store? 

Jenny McCloskey
The blue and white combination can take any primary color thrown at it and still keep it fresh and happy. 

Decorator Sam Allen Is Given a Designer's Dream: A Blank Slate and Creative Freedom - Connecticut Cottages & Gardens - January 2018 - Connecticut
Cottages & Gardens
Good light and fabrics make this room feel like a July morning.
 
Antique French chinoiserie needlepoint
chinoiseriechic.blogspot.com
Small details, sharply contrasted, in clear tones create a beautiful display in a small nook.

Thank you to the lovely innkeepers @thechristophermv for the tour of the ultra chic property. Wishing I were still #onalark with @larkhotels staying in this room @annsleyinteriors hit it out of the park! #theenglishroomtravels #marthasvineyard #edgartown #wanderlust #summeroffreedom #newenglandtour #traveladdict Follow on : theenglishroom for lots more trip highlights.
instagram.com
I think you are starting to get the picture!! The yellow floral, I am thinking of using, doesn't work with any of these color ways that I am drawn too. 
 
Catherine Nolan
coquidv.tumblr.com
All the above, designs, work together, so I need to tell myself to rethink my choice of wall paper and fabric and follow my instincts. 


Tory Burch Hanging Tassel Earrings | SHOPBOP
custom-jewelry-store.info
Or, go buy some drop dead, gorgeous earrings, and just let the yellow dictate my summer colorway at the shop. 

Chinoiserie Chic
chinoiseriechic.net

Blue, green and white, fresh, clean and light! Hopefully I get it right! 

On the other hand, I want to get young enough to wear those earrings, and that may be what I am sensing for the shop. A youthful sense of design. 

There you have it! Sunday musings. 


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive