Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Thursday, January 3, 2019

Textiles Of The New Year!

Shoveled the path from the truck to the door...

...unloaded the textiles and a whole lot more...

...found the richest colors and the most intricate florals...

...married an eagle mirror frame with an English plate...

...old Sheffield knives to use as spreaders...

...Twin Tower shot glass, a bird plate and a pair of tiny ducks to pin on my lapel...

...digging through the piles unearthed a painting...

...and a small needlepoint stool...

...a happy colored quilt and a schooner in a frame...

...adding to my husbands collection...

...I have seen this pair once before, in my life, this time I brought them home for me...

...thinking about the person that embroidered these cases in blue and yellow to cheer her winter bed...

...skimmed the creme off the top...and brought home the happiest textiles and patterns to start the new year.

Picking with my customers on my mind. The few added pieces can bring a homey style to a room in the woods or a cottage on the water. It is a generational look, layered and loved from grandmother on down. 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive