Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Monday, December 21, 2020

The Week In Phonetos

This is my son, Christopher, who had a song writing mania during this pandemic. I ordered his new t-shirt today. Check out his latest song, "Take On You", proceeds go to the L. A. Animal Rescue. Chris is shown here having one of Steve's, "Randy Kaylor" pickles and the absolute best bloody Mary mix from Sonoma Gourmet. I bet you know what team Chris loves!!


Meet MayKay, my darling daughter-in-law. She is loving the Route 11 Pickle Chips. The chips have the most outrageously great flavor! Funny story, when I took all the presents to the post office to mail out for Christmas I put their box up on the counter first. As I looked up at the face behind the mask I said, "wow, you have beautiful eyes!" Needless to say Chris and MayKay got their package in two days time!! Everyone else is still waiting their turn! Except, now the other recipients know what is in their care package coming soon!


It is always Christmas at the fabricators! I love how the customer had the yellow welting put on these Madcap Cottage pillows! 


Cushions for rockers and chair seats for basket chairs, stuffed into the back of my truck! The two Madcap Cottage "Manor Born" pillows are so adorable! Geez!


A work in progress. I had a ton of stuff in my office that I moved out when I put the bathroom in. How to put it back in without crowding! 


I am afraid of losing the oomp of the black walls because of all the pieces that need to be in the office. Lamp shades, pillow forms, file cabinets and accessories. 


What is fun about the black walls is everything is defined, all the art work and the gold gilt mirror show up differently than against white walls. I still am pulling racks off of the showroom floor and wheeling them into the office. So the showroom side will be vignettes using rug swatches and fabrics, bedding, lamps and accessories. The office will have the pillow forms, lamp shades and lines books on shelves stacked up to the ceiling! I can't wait to see the end result!

Merry Christmas to all of my friends who read this blog. Thank you for being a part of my life. Stay safe. 
Love,
Mary Ann

 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive