Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Nautical Christmas Tree

I was inspired by the hemp line that I use in the shop to create Nautical displays on my tables.

I propped this license plate lighthouse in the tree and the license plate reflects in the dark like a lighthouse should!!

I didn't buy a thing for this tree, I had it all in my shop and in my collection of ornaments.

The fun part of decorating this tree was using the large nautical pieces for ornaments.

I have huge scallop shells from Florida and Stars from Sea Bags. I hung my mermaid, fish and Pelican from Fernadina Beach. I stuck a Nantucket basket and nets filled with driftwood here and there. Flags, lanterns and brass anchors fill it out and give it a seaside charm.

When I get home I am going to add a Starfish to the top of the tree!

Wishing you a seaside Merry Christmas from Anchor Cottage.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive