Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Friday, February 8, 2019

Working In The Studio Today

We have been living with some bone chilling weather this first week of February. Have not been out in the studio at all. Finally I stuffed some fabric display pillows to shore up the drafts, coming in from the window, over my desk. 

Sorting and culling through all the fabric swatches to make sure they are currently available and priced correctly. 

Adding to the garden theme of my little space are french bicycle baskets stuffed with silk Geraniums on my window sill. Looks perky and fun. 

Need to design new calling cards as the old ones have the shop address on them. I like the header I have for the blog as a business card. The blue flowers and green foliage against the blue sky would make a nice backdrop for the contact information on the card. Maybe using white lettering.  

The space is filling up! Might have to start referring to it as "textile hall"!

Hung my last curtain panel over the door to keep the cold wind out. Of course I have my Benny to keep me warm, he is a snuggler. 

A garden room studio! 

Working with what I have gives the room an interesting look. Sort of a studied, eclectic feel. 

Sure is icy gray outside. Stay warm and soon I will show you some ideas for a Florida house, coming down the pike!!!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive