Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Double Holiday Celebration

My friend, "Jackie the decorator", brought me this antique apple basket full of apples for my birthday! It was so beautifully arranged that even my husband was impressed.

So I was setting the table for Thanksgiving and realized I did not have a center piece of any sort. I looked over at the 1/2 eaten basket of apples and thought I'd take the gourds off the kitchen window sill and arranged them in the cedar like Jackie did the apples. How pretty is this center piece?

My "new best friend" brought Prosecco and we chilled it in pottery from West Virginia and served it in Art Allison glasses.

I have always had this double holiday celebration of my birthday and Thanksgiving. It's a lot of fun, I'd highly recommend it!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive