Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Company Is Coming And I'm Not Ready!

Allium Giganteum! Weeding already! I'll get on it! 

Lushness in the Holler. All the greens as far as I can see!



The sea grass rug looks pretty darn good on the painted floor. Glad I went for the tropical green color. 

Vintage, wrapped reed table and chairs for sale. $160 for all five pieces. Small chip in glass table top and some reed has come undone. Box cushions in great shape. Perfect game table for your cottage porch this summer. 

The show room is coming together. I need to sell some bits and pieces to make room for all the swatches! 

This is the storage room where I have been pulling all of my decorating accessories from. 

In real life this is the guest room. One more weekend to work on emptying this space and absorbing the stuff into the studio without making the studio look like a storage bin. So far I took out the 9 x 13 sea grass rug and pad, the box spring and mattress for the antique bed and a french, fruit wood table. I have set them up in the show room and so far so good. 

It took me a better part of last week to take apart this collection of books spanning 54 years of collecting. I vacuumed each and every book. It was a dusty mess!

When I was young my mother and grandmother would take me to the antique shops all around Oakland county. I would buy the old books with my babysitting monies. This was back in 1965 through 1970. I now have a collection of books 100 years old and more! I have read them all, more than once!

I will keep you posted on these ongoing projects, down here in the Holler! Message me if you are interested in the table and chairs.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive