Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Friday, December 22, 2023

Novotny Rd Sunset

Shortest day of the year! 5:01 on a Thursday afternoon. 


Rolling home from Traverse City errands. Look Steve! Quick, drive up Eagle Hwy and turn left on Novotny Rd. 


Now turn left onto the two track to cherry orchard! 


On top of the world! The sunset is magnificent. Can you see the moraines crisscrossing the land? I see Lake Leelanau, Whaleback, Pyramid Point, Clay Cliffs and the sun setting on Alligator Hill. It is a shame that I did not have my big girl camera with me. This was a long shot for my phone! 

I feel blessed to have watched the sun set on this Winter Solstice afternoon. 

 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive