Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Monday, July 15, 2024

Having Fun With My Watercolors

I am so happy with my watercolors. I was using watercolors found at garage sales and Goodwill. But when I invested in Case for Making, out of San Francisco, water colors, all I want to do is paint! Funny about the painting up top is that I bought the frame at a garage sale and decided to paint a small, round painting just for this frame. 
 I used the Lands End Mini Palette for the Pyramid Point watercolor. The mini palette consists of six paint colors and fits in the palm of your hand!




The paint colors are so saturated. A mix of earth or synthetic pigment and honey. The colors are rich and vibrant.




 Garen and Tim went to San Francisco, this spring, and bought me five more paint colors. Indigo, which is fabulous, silver and gold, which I used in the painting above and two different reds, a peach red and a brick red. 

It is all I can do not to look at everything as a potential painting!





No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive