Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My Tear Sheet Book

I read at least 4 decorating magazines every month, plus some. When I see something that I like I tear the page out and drop it into a basket I keep next to my perch.

 So, when we go on road trips, I take my "desk-in-a-basket" a tray and my tear sheets to work on so I don't have to watch Steve drive down the southern corridors  filled with aggressive drivers.

I really can't remember which magazine I tear these pages from so if you recognize any of these shots please let me know who is the photographer.
 
Above, is the first vignette I put together. It is my interpretation of  the professors home in Back Bay Boston.




This page came out of the basket for the Florida home in my dreams. I sell the stack of blue and white boxes in my store.

I love this look for my downtown Nashville loft! I love the fresh graphics, so young and hip.

 I know, it sounds crazy but I have to start somewhere so I make up a space to decorate and then put something together out of my tear sheets.
Gets me to Florida and back without critiquing  Steve's driving!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive