Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Saturday, February 24, 2018

Here's A Story For You

Sitting in front of my sewing machine looking at all the pillows piling up. Thinking, I would like a new duvet and pillow cases, to travel with, on the upcoming Florida trip. 

Then I remember! I had a darling customer, who had stocked up on Ralph Lauren bedding at the outlet, trade me her pile of sheets and duvet for a 6 x 9 rug. She knew me well enough to know I love red, white and blue! 

So out the stack comes, a king grande duvet cover and a king top sheet with ruffles along the hem. I had already used the bottom half of the sheet to line the curtains, I had made for the window over my bed, which meant I had the ruffle edge to work with. 

I measured and cut twenty inches off the width and twelve inches off the length and sewed it up. Then I took the sheet and cut out two pillow cases leaving the ruffled edge in place. 

There you have it! Two pillows and duvet ready for travel!

Saturday at the sewing machine. 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive