Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Thursday, June 6, 2019

Thinking About Our Kitchen

Wood Countertops in the Kitchen: Yea or Nay? - The Glam Pad
Theglampad.com
In the fall Steve and I are going to be remodeling our kitchen, down here, in the Holler. We live in a full log home and the ceilings are unfinished floor boards between logs. So we are pretty dark and short of painting the logs, we have painted the floor, to lighten up some of the exposed wood surfaces. That said, I love the wood counter top, shown above. 

This past weekend I had the pleasure of visiting two small shops that truly inspire me so I was so excited to share a tiny glimpse of them today on the blog in hopes that they would inspire you as well. One of my all time favorite things to do is visit small shops all over the country even more ever since we opened up our small brick and mortar shop 3 years ago. I love sharing them here on the blog to celebrate the small shops, but also because I know that everyone who stops by the blog is
lizmarieblog.com
Too much white on white for me, but I do like the "old" pine planks used to create this island. We have full Cedar logs and they are this warm, honey color.
 
A House in the Country #KitchenHomeDecoratingIdeas
#KitchenHomeDecoratingIdeas
On our want list is to make the big box recede and to create a pantry/closet at the front door entryway. Perhaps camouflaging the fridge doors in bead board. If I make the island into a long and narrow cabinet I could possibly put a small round table in front of the window while keeping the sink, stove and fridge in reach of the island. The cabinet will have deep drawers on gliders for easy access to pots and pans. 

Go Dodgers!!!! Also, This project is just all the things that make me the happiest. // #clientnogoogbungalow is filled with all this…
#clientnogoogbungalow
A tall, skinny fridge is what I want, with the bead board front, so it will become a piece of cabinetry. I like the distressed, black island with a maple top to match the other wood counter tops in the kitchen. I think the bead board and the island should be painted the same with maple pulls on the doors of the fridge. I also like the simplicity of the two stools, maybe I will dig down, into my sock money, and purchase a pair of Thomas Moser saddle stools!

glamshelf.com
The space we are working with lends itself to a long galley. We don't have quite this much room! I want the island to be narrow and long with drawers on one side and seating at one end. A painted floor, maple counter tops on top of a soft, black finish. Tall, skinny, bead board door, fridge and a pantry closet over by the entry door. If I create the island narrow enough I may be able to squeeze a table and couple of chairs in front of the window. 

I am taking out my twelve foot, stainless sink and counter and putting in wood counters around a porcelain sink. Finishing off with valences over both windows in a pretty floral chintz! 

A girl can dream!


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive