Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Tuesday, May 28, 2019

One Of Those Days

Coming off of a huge "Swede Rd Barn Sale", that was very successful, where I some how got stung on my forehead.

I wasn't really feeling up to par. So my husband took pity on me and rolled me into his big white truck and drove me across the peninsula to buy flowers. 

Which I felt was very kind of him as I was sporting a "Herman Monster" face that wasn't easy to look at. As the swelling moved down I could see three holes in my forehead! 

He drove us, around the curves and up the hills looking out over the tops of the cherry trees in full blossom. 

A slightly hazy day with no sun. 

But a beautiful view all the way. 

He stopped to look at riding lawn mowers for sale and turned around at my aunts dock! She had her law office there, when I was a little girl, I use to sit on the dock and watch the boat traffic while she was busy with the adults. 

On the way home we stopped in at Dick's Pour House and had a beer. Ordered a large Greek pizza to go. Stopped and bought Asparagus at a roadside stand. Pulled off the road at a "free" sign and snagged two cement baskets! What a find!

It was that kind of a day!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive