Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Putting Summer Away

Scrubbed the Uwharrie chairs and the Fermob table and chairs. I sold at least a dozen or more Uwharrie chairs, over the years,  they are so comfortable and really stand the test of time spent outdoors. My little French set is such a good orange to see in my garden. Bright and happy!  

Simple fall décor. Picked up the two pots at a resale space in Traverse City and then bought the pumpkins, on the way home, to put in them. Easy peasy! 

Two more pots in baskets to take to the round house! I have a total of eleven pots to store, under shelter, for the winter. Plus four birdbaths to bring in, as well.

Steve power washed five rugs, for me, before he put the power washer away for the winter. They are all hanging over the deck railing to dry. Although it is suppose to rain everyday this week! Life is hard!!

I have a new, little Jeep, in the family! She is a four cylinder, you should hear her windup. She is a little gal, but she is perfect for me. I had the garage guy put my sheepskin covers on and so I am nice and cozy for the season. 

The Nasturtiums were glorious this summer. Hate to pull them up, along with the Tomatoes, Basil and Cucumbers. What a garden we had, delicious! 

Look up, it's a beautiful distraction on this balmy fall afternoon.

I had a customer asked, "what is a holler", and I explained that where I live is down the driveway to a hole in the woods! We call our space Hoot's Holler.

Now where was I?

Time to attach the blade to the truck! Where would we be without a snowplow truck, down here, in the holler?

Do you think that she would winter over if I brought her into my studio for the winter? She is awful pretty.


My nautical signal flags spell open, Oscar, Papa, Echo and November. A fun open sign, wouldn't you say? I sold, probably over a hundred of these flags, in my shop, over the years. 

The leaves, they are a falling in a ground cover of colors. 

The wood is stacked and covered, ready for heating the home this winter. Steve sent away for a recycled billboard, that he cut into strips, to cover the cords of wood and keep them dry. This billboard was actually a car wash sign. 

The round house. Still have to get the pots and birdbaths snugged in tight! Will they fit? Ah, there is always room for one more piece! 

The changing of the seasons, happens every year. 

 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive