Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Sunday, April 11, 2021

A Watercolor Sketch

Looking north out my front porch. 

Opened a thrift store, landscape painting kit, that I had stashed away for a rainy day! It has seven colors and no white or black paints with a book on how to paint landscapes and mix colors.

 Glanced at the "mix colors" part of the book and learned how to make pastel colors as well as deep gray. Looked at why to do a wash, on the paper, first. Not that I followed directions.

So, with just a few lines sketched I went out on my own and drew the painting with paints! 

It takes me forever to sketch out a scene to paint so I thought I would give drawing the scene with a paint brush a try.

For some reason, only my mind understands, I found it easier to paint the landscape with a small, pointed brush. Filling in with tiny little dots of colors as they rambled through the terrain.

The moral of the story is, make some time to do something you wish you could do. You never know what you are capable of. The confidence you ensue is vital for brain growth. 

My Sunday sermon on aging!

Have a good one!

 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive