Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Thursday, February 8, 2024

Looking Forward To My Purple Garden!

Never got around to posting these photos!


Giant Allium bulbs in a row.


Purple Petunias.


New Guinea Impatiens.


Tri Color European Beach Trees.

I never planned on having a "purple" garden. I had planted the Allium about five years ago. Then, I planted the Beech Trees to help, visually, heal the gouge in the side of the hill where we excavated dirt for a project. The purple Petunias were the brightest color at the garden shop that day! I had to move the pots of Impatiens to a brighter space for maximum blooms. 

By the end of the summer I had the ultimate "purple" garden. That may be why I waited to post these pictures, because, I was waiting for the end of summer shot! I forgot to take it!! The blue Hydrangeas were spectacular last summer. 

Cannot wait to see if I can recreate this garden even better. I was always a red Geranium/yellow Petunia gardener in my former summers. LOL



 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive