Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Grand Old Dame





This house is on the corner of Pine St and Water St. I love the seashells and wicker on the screened porch. She looks out over the water towards the east. She is in poor repair and no one lives in her as far as I can tell. She is one of many old homes in my neighborhood that I walk past. I think a book she could write! With her deep porches and 3rd story spired tower she has watched many a ship sail away and back again and many a storm has battered her shutters and still she stands, regal and tall.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive