Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Chilly In The Evening

Fall is rushing in. Most of the time we are still swimming in the big lake mid-September. This year fall arrived early with chilly evenings in front of the fireplace. So I went and found my baskets of yarn.

What shall I knit? I had to dust the balls of yarn!
Just like sewing I am good at knitting squares or rectangles. My favorite thing to knit are scarves. I finished an afghan, two years ago, for Steve's naps on the sofa. So it's been a while since I started a knitting project.

I chose to start simple. A gator stitch, ombre scarf in blues. Forty stitches on size 7 needles. This yarn is pretty ancient. Hand spun and dyed. I only have a small amount to work with, hope there is enough. Once I am confident with my knitting capabilities, the basket with the black, creme and camel yarn will be scarves for presents. Every five years, or so, I become inspired to put the textures and colors of yarn together and friends and family are the recipients of my creations!

Now to put a fire in the fireplace, it's chilly, here, in the Leelanau Peninsula.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive