Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Friday, February 19, 2016

Never Know Where Your Inspiration Will Come From

Last week I stopped at Jackie-the-decorator's home to show her some off white linen samples. In turn she had been cleaning out her sources and handed me a Ralph Lauren fabric swatch of Madras Plaid, boy did it look good with the linen.

When I arrived home and headed upstairs to drop my bags I laid the linen and the plaid on top of my UK House & Garden magazine which happen to be open to a page featuring Christopher Farr Cloth, La Foret by Raoul Dufy. This is where the excitement starts! 

Lying next to the Christopher Farr Cloth ad were two pictures I had torn out of another British publication. One of a stoneware mug called Magda, made exclusively for Habitat, and a giclee print of a sign called Run from Archie Proudfoot.

Needless to say the components went together like they were chosen on purpose. Amazing where inspiration comes from.

Another weekend in winter...Stay warm.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive