Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Monday, October 9, 2017

Behind The Blue Door

I love stripes.


Who am I today? That is a question I ask myself every morning when it is time to get dressed! Maybe next summer, to make it easier, I will buy all red, white and blue, plus some black stripped shirts, dresses and sweaters to wear. Then I will know who I am! The lady who decorates cottages on the big water. 

custom sofa in the living room is upholstered in a de Le Cuona fabric, the side table is by Henredon, the chest is a 19th-century ship’s cabinet and the French still life is from the 1930s.


Finding myself on pinterest. What do I like? Surprising myself when I choose decor that, personally, I do not have at home. 


Tour A Historic Long Island Farmhouse - Farmhouse Decor


Some day I would like a small, stand alone townhouse, to decorate for myself, on the eastern seaboard. 


SHELTER


As I scan through the pinterest pictures I find myself drawn to blues, cremes and little old lady decorating schemes!  


toile panels with short double pleat & velvet piping at top of header


Pretty and fresh and simple.


Roswell Cottage - Lisa Gabrielson Design


Soft and cushy

lisa fine
mari
English floral, chintz and velvet.


Eastern Canada's best homes.


A waterside element, of course. 


http://www.pinterest.com/pin/536702480565972422/


That is what I would love to have. 


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive