Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Self Quarantine Day 27

First of all, let me shout out for Christopher Halson Griffiths! He has been writing a song a day for his followers that put a buck in his Venmo account. I have been delightfully surprised at the songs that have come my way, first thing in the morning. He is now doing a weekly feature. For a couple hours he plays, sings and tells stories. You can message him requests that you would like to hear. It is a fun, full hour of playing and joking around. A Nashville musician making the best of his down time. 

The first day I took the social distancing serious was Friday, March 13th. I did a serious grocery shopping and filled up my pantry at the local grocery store. I was even able to buy a 12 pack of toilet paper! If I had known how long we were going to be down for I would have bought 2 twelve packs!! In the mean time, Steve and I have been busy bees! We got two new stools for our 17th wedding anniversary, furniture being the theme. Representing sturdiness and a good investment as quality pieces get better with age! I did not make this up! 

The last people I saw were my friends out in front of Trishes Dishes, in Leland. That was March 11th! Anywhere else that I have been to no one was home. Steve has gone out, several times, for groceries with Lysol wipes in hand. 

I haven't got the stay at home blues yet! We have had plenty to do. We walk in the woods and make interesting cocktails for happy hour. Steve's honey do list is getting shorter by the day. 

I created a main floor nook for myself. I needed a space to put down my purse and phone when I walk into the house. I went from store room to bedroom and garage pulling together bits and pieces for the nook. Working with what I have on hand looks like I raided my grandmothers attic! Eventually I will change out the rug and cover the cushions fresh and new. But until then this is what I have. No one bought the rooster pillow at the garage sales, but he looks good here! 

Jackie calls my house the "folk art" house. Hand crafted with vision and love is the key factor in making a house a home. 

This is my Mona Lisa smile! I am pretty darn happy in my little log home with my handy dandy husband down, here, in Hoot's Holler. Stay safe and sane, we will come through with flying colors and fresh summer breezes as we walk down our Lake Michigan beach. 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive