Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Friday, May 15, 2020

Anchor Cottage Decorating Studio

Look what my husband did!!! He installed an outside door and a new window. Hung a goose neck lamp over the window.

He turned my garage stall into a decorating studio! He dry walled, taped and painted the walls, floor and trim in Dover White. Hung a multipaned door into the office (old studio).

He built barn doors to cover up his side. I am so excited to set this space up. I am putting down a used, 9 x 13', sea grass rug. I want to paint the floor a dark green so the rug won't look dirty and worn against the pure white floor. 

I have had this tear sheet of a green painted floor for 15 years. A wonder I can still find it! It was in my Ralph Lauren paint swatch book!! I would go as far as referring to it as a Ralph Lauren green!!

I want the green to have blue in it. I want the color to give the sea grass rug a tropical feel. 

I picked the Deep Veridian. Jackie approved!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive