Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Friday, May 1, 2020

My Week In Phonetos!

How many scarves does one girl need? Looking for something to use as a face mask I rummaged through my scarf basket and found that I own quite a few! Scarves, that is!

And then, wouldn't you know it, Schumacher saved the day! They sent me a face mask! Leaping lizards! The new accessory! 

To me, it matters what I wear everyday. When I go upstairs to get dress, I wonder, who am I today? So today, because I was moving the rocks and Vinca vines, I wore Lady Bug socks! 

I walked all around my acres, in my Lady Bug socks, and cut a bouquet of Daffodils. I cut only the ones whose buds were tightly closed. In the morning, when I came down the stairs, there was a beautiful yellow display of the Daffodils, on the windowsill, that I had cut the afternoon before

I was the Lady Bug as I picked up Steve's collection of vintage sprinklers. Hmm, what shall we do with this collection? "Humans are so interesting, wonder what makes them tick!!", mused the Lady Bug. 

I am so in love with this fabric, printed in the United Kingdom by Sanders & Sons in 1997. Found a bolt of it at my fabric warehouse, last November, and knew I wanted to use it in my new kitchen. I made valances for the windows and pads for the chair seats. Then I unrolled the rest of the fabric and found I had enough left to cover my cane sofa in the nook!!

Not ever having made box cushions before, this was going to be a challenge. One step at a time. I measured the cushions and drew a diagram of all the pieces that I would have to cut out. Then I calculated how many yards of welting I would need. 

Then I proceeded to cut out all the cushion covers, seats, backs and sides, and I cut and sewed twenty eight yards of welting. Now, to sew them together, but not today! What I learned is, that is a lot to know, to fabricate covers for cushions! Give the fabricators a thumbs up from me! If and when the covers are completed I will take a picture and post it for you to see!

All of these photos were taken with my phone, this week. That is why I call them Phonetos!! 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive