Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Thursday, July 16, 2020

Company Is Coming

The kitchen needed fresh rugs. So I picked out a polypropylene by Dash & Albert called Happy Stripe. They are soft under foot and can go into the washer! My man, Steve, liked them! Great how they work with the vintage, English rose print on the windows and chairs. Didn't do it on purpose!

This is the guest room, aka winter storage room, if you were reading earlier blogs from this spring. I pulled from all sources, around my home, to put together a cozy and inviting room. 

Looks slightly mismatched. But what can you do when your source of decor is "grandma's attic"! 

I have carted around these antique bird prints for twenty some years. They have hung in the dinning room and living room of various homes from my past. I pulled them out from under the eaves and thought one more time. I have several more in the collection but the wall could only absorb so many. 

Bits and pieces from here and there. I spy Ralph Lauren, Pine Cone Hill and Red Ladder on this cozy bed. Some day I would like to decorate my home from the ground up with all new inspiration. But this is what I have to work with for now.

I tell my ladies to buy what they love and not to worry if it matches. That way it gives a more layered look to a room. Makes it interesting to the eye.

Now to bake a chocolate cake!!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive