Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Sunday, August 30, 2020

Nestling Into The Studio

Now that is a basket full of colors. Find me a child's room to layer in the sunny disposition of yellow to orange and all the shades between. Set it down on the creamy herringbone rug. Good morning child!
As I nestle in to the new studio I think of combinations of patterns and colors for different applications in the customers home. What would they like to be inspired by, I wonder?
I feel a touch of excitement as none of it and yet everything can live together. Can the Waverly chair pads live in the same room as the Ikat pillows? Probably not, but in this room the cacophony is part of the music, the colors play off each other in a harmonist discordance.  
In other words, I am the leader in this band and I chose only what strikes my cords. That way we can pick out the harmonies from the discord. Then we create your own, personal sheet of music. 
If it sounds poetic, it is. I love the play of pattern and colors. As a decorator, let me find the notes that make you sing. Let me write your song. Let us, together, find your soprano and bass. 
All the layers of a home. The floor, the walls, the personal spaces that we can layer with paint, fabric, bedding and lamps. 
If I hear you humming I know that I have struck a cord in your perception of decor that has you whistling a favorite tune.  
As we use our instruments to play the song, so we use our textiles to create our room. Sometimes the horns are little loud, but if you like a brass band then so be it!  

As I finish recording the arrangement of the studio my mind is already on the next sheet of music that I will write.  There are still blank walls and window treatments to be thought out. 
The little studio was my leap into decorating. 
Now it will become a stash of notes to add or take away from the music we make. The tools and the accessories of the trade. 
The piano bench, so to speak, with all the music, that is the learning curve, tucked in to pull from when I need it.  

Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor is opened by appointment. Would love to have you come by and listen to what is playing on the Bose!!

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive