Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Saturday, November 21, 2020

Amaryllis Week!

These are my girlfriends Amaryllis plants she bought, on the sly, for $5 a bulb! Boy did she luck out, she'll have flowers before she knows it. It is all about the light, the plants love it! 
These are my Amaryllis, I had nine and tossed two that didn't make it through the summer. Now there are seven plants on my window sill, four have started to grow. We shall see, not that great of light in the woods so they take longer to flower. 

Then, in the mail, came three new bulbs, birthday bulbs from my husband. I planted them yesterday and already, today, I have two buds poking up!!


 

Happy birthday to me! From my girlfriend in Florida, where Amaryllis grow in the ground, year around! 

Fun having flowers in the Holler for the holidays. 



No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive