Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Friday, November 27, 2020

Thanksgiving Phonetos-Tim I'm Counting On You!

With all the checks in place, on my Thanksgiving menu, I took some quick shots with my phone. I hope Timothy was able to take better shots of the table with his camera. 


Shopping locally, I managed to create some pretty floral arrangements, with grocery store flowers, for the tables. I have always felt that the Thanksgiving holiday is more serious than all our other family celebrations. This year, because of the presidential election, I was feeling a little patriotic in my selection of flowers. Thank goodness for Tom's Food Market in Northport for coming through with all the trimmings for the table! Including the fruit cake, which Steve and I ate Tuesday night!!


Our cozy little cabin in the Holler welcomed my son and his husband, after a ten hour drive in the pouring rain, to mom's special chili and Cedar hotdogs! Martinis and snacks for the fellars! And they drove and they drove and they drove!


Of course, if you know me at all, fresh kitchen rugs are the best party favor that I can find! Since we all congregate in the kitchen area, it helps to lighten the chaos in the prep area! 


This is becoming a traditional snack! Pimento dip from Fortify restaurant in Clayton Georgia! Steve loved the flavor, so much, that he takes every chance, he can get, to whip up a batch! 

 
One of my favorite things to do is set a pretty table! Hope Tim comes through with better pictures of the Thanksgiving Day table. We had a feast! Everyone was thankful to sit around this table, in front of the fireplace, and enjoy each others company.

Blessed with the love reflected in the eyes of my hearts gathered around my dinning room table! 



 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive