Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Thursday, December 3, 2020

What Has Been Rattling Around My Creative Brain

I have come to the conclusion that I am a primary color girl. Red, white and blue! I should have gotten a clue when my mother used to decorate (dress) me when I was a little girl.

Putting fabrics together for a banquette. I like the large floral on the blue background. Fresh, youthful and a little bit modern. 

Mucking around the property envisioning how to landscape the bare ground. Spring mud is not my cup of tea. I like the idea of planning the planting to be viewed from the house. 

The rug kicks butt! Let's bring this look around. Out with the chinoiserie and in with some clean lines and the colors blue.

A view into sewing world. I see I will need to change out window treatments and decorative pillows. Wish I could travel to North Carolina to look at fabrics. 

I spied this wallpaper for a kitchen that does not have any windows, (the kitchen opens up into a great room), but has a ton of white bead board cabinetry and not a lot of wall exposed. So far the island that separates the cooking from the party is being painted a faded denim blue. We shall see!!

That is a wrap for this week of decorating in the Holler. Almost ready to open the showroom back up. Toilet and sink being installed next Thursday and then we can move all of the "office" out of the Jeep and show room and into the newly painted space. Steve painted the walls a disappearing black! Surprisingly enough it made the office feel roomier. 

 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive