Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Monday, December 14, 2020

Staying Creative

This is how I left the office on Saturday. I hung my grandmother's gold gilt mirror on the black wall and I like the way it looks. The voile sheers are another story. I have had them for quite a while and thought I would use them in the newly painted office. I washed and ironed them and Steve helped me hang them on the rod. Well, the embroidery, along the sides, shrunk and now they don't hang straight. But I like the look! Hate to spend the money for new ones! 


Emma Bridgewater for Christmas this year. I couldn't help it! I usually get my Emma fix when I ordered for the shop. But with the brick and mortar shop closed up I had to actually buy some at retail cost and have them shipped to my home! It's a real addiction!


The walls in the office are ten feet tall. The space, itself, is five by sixteen. I lost three feet when I added the water closet. If you have ever wondered, truthfully, if a dark color makes the room seem larger, I am here to say that it does!! The dark color seems to push the walls out. 

Back out to the office, today, for a lot more tweaking! Plus, where are my files? I need to get to work!!  Hoping to be in place by the end of the week. Merry Christmas!!


 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive