Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Monday, July 5, 2021

Happy Fourth Of July



Boy, did we have a fun family function!




My sons came in from Nashville and Penn State. Time to celebrate!



So, Steve ordered up two tables and we put them end to end to seat twelve of us!


I went up, over the garage, into the attic. It was pretty warm up there. But, I was able to find my vintage American flags and antique quilts to set the table. I also found, acrylic crystal glasses, a dozen red vinyl placemats, six stone ware plates and assorted silverware for fourteen!! Pretty good haul, bits and pieces left from the brick and mortar shop. 



 We wrestled eight chairs from here and there, around the holler, scrubbed them down and set them around the table along with four of my kitchen chairs. Put the flags in my stoneware pitcher, I had just bought at the Rock House, and placed candles in the hurricanes. The scene is set!



Everyone came and we laughed and talked, lite sparklers and ate cake! Great bunch of personalities!


The rest is history. 

Happy Fourth of July! What a fun celebration we all had. 
 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive