Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Thursday, August 18, 2022

I Am A Lake Michigan Baby!

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a Lake Michigan baby. I live in Northern Michigan year round just to swim in the big water six weeks out of the year! Yes, it is that wonderful!




Sometimes I take the back roads through the woods and over the hills just to look at the views.


The land masses just roll on and on...


...until you reach the water.

Every color of blue...


...from the heavens to the earth.

Through the trees...


...beyond the sandy beaches. 




In the middle of the day when the light is flat...


...the view is still an amazing photo to take.


I jump out of the truck...

...and make my way down to the beach toting my paints and my beach chair. Watching the waves is like watching the flames in the fireplace. Mesmerizing, I can't stop looking at the movement, the rocking of the big body of water.



 I walk the beach and skip the stones across the tops of the waves. Then jump in and dive under feeling the cold waters below. I swim this humongous whirlpool until every muscle is soothed every bone is chilled. Shaking off the water and lying in the sand to warm back up and then I do it again. Can't get enough of the beautiful blue sky and water in this part of heaven. 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive