Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Name That Road!

Leaving Maple City! Heading down Co Rd 669.

I promised I would give you some glorious fall color around the Leelanau peninsula. 


I made a big error in judgment, the other day, in leaving the house without taking my camera. So I went out for another try.


There had been something about the quality of the light that made the colors glow. Today there was a mist in the air. So the colors are without the sharp contrast.


Off School House Lake Rd.


The sky was blue, the leaves were golden and the fields were the color of a buck in rut!


Topaz is my birthstone.


Beautiful weather for a hike.


The land of sugar Maples.


On the shore of School House Lake.


Of course, being in the neighborhood, I had to trot down to Good Harbor and see if the beach grass was shining in the light. 


These are the colors of fall! Golden green wheat shafts along the dunes dancing in the breeze.


Always seem to get a little sidetracked when I am on big blue.


Paused long enough to do some rock hounding!


Off shore wind was quite balmy for a day in mid October.


In the back of my mind I am gathering these fall photos of Lake Michigan for my sons. They are both land locked, one in NYC and the other in Nashville. 


See that funny bleached out color of the grass and the sand? 


So I put my camera back into the car and drove toward home. Heading down Eagle Hwy this appeared in my line of vison. 


Really didn't think I would find the perfect fall scene. But I did! A reflection of colors in the retention pond where the firetrucks fill up when they are on a job!


The last shot. This apple tree, on Novotny Rd, was loaded with the reddest apples I have ever seen!

Tooling around the county, in my little silver Jeep, camera in hand, to find you some fall color on the 45th parallel. 
 

 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive