Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Monday, February 13, 2023

Going To A Book Signing!

 

Lonnie and Twyla Money. If you were a customer, at my retail shop, you will remember that I had all these carved and painted critters! Since 2004 Steve and I would make the trip to Kentucky to buy these one of a kind pieces. 


Cans full of dots and squiggles! Twyla's paint station.


Amazing what Lonnie will come up with in his barn!


They live in the hills of Corbin Kentucky where the roads meander out and around homes and rivers.


One day a lady came out and said that she wanted to publish a book with their painted creations!


May thirteen at the Oak Hill Gardens in London Ky.


Twyla gave us a quick preview of the book!


If you type Money or critters in my search bar, on the blog, pictures of the critters that I brought home, over the years, will pop up.


Why didn't I buy this whirly gig? I was being careful not to take their inventory because they are going to need it!! 


They will be at the Kentucky Crafted Market, in Lexington Ky, March eleven and twelve. Selling the book and taking orders for the painted animals. 


They just finished stocking the Kentucky Artisan Center in Berea, where Steve and I first discovered their work.

They are going to be famous!!  

I will keep you posted with more information on the book. If you are a collector and want to buy a book, let me know and I can bring some back with me from the book signing party!




No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive