Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Monday, November 28, 2016

The Silver Punch Bowl Story

Once upon a time...my dad won a silver plated punch bowl playing golf. 

Over the years I would borrow the bowl and polish the heck out of it and use it for different functions in life. 

When my dad sold his home in Florida I asked him where the punch bowl was. He answered that it must have sold in the garage sale. I was so disappointed.

Years later I was in an antique junk shop in northeast Florida when I came across this large white box. When I opened it I found a tarnished, silver plated punch bowl! The kicker was that it came with a mismatched saucer for underneath. Guess what? That was how I knew it was my dads bowl.

How's that for a story!

A very delightful open house at the shop yesterday, all my favorite customers came in, ate cake and sipped Mimosas.

Thank you for the Poinsettia Lisa!


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive