Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Staying Put In The Holler

Day ten of, self imposed, quarantine. Eating well! Putting miles on my afghan. Do you like it? I modeled it after the wool trading blankets of yore.  

Forced some Forsythia branches. 

Steve built this desk. He used the top of a coffee table he had made years ago and set it on the three drawers we just took out of the kitchen during the remodel. He made an interesting "leg" out of Walnut that he had stashed away. He then went on to paint the window trim in Dover White. 

I am a little embarrassed to show you my sewing mess. I am making one of a kind pillows out of scraps of fabric and gimp that I have stashed away!  

Alas, new shoes and purse for my Florida trip. We rescheduled for next November! Cute tennis shoes!

Clearing Steve's desk area out and making room for a Mary Ann nook. I needed somewhere on the main level to set my briefcase and purse down. 

What's this action, do you suppose? Steve is putting in a door and a window on my side of the garage. He is building me a showroom for my decorating business. I will keep you posted on all our projects as we stay hunkered down in the Holler.

Other than what I showed in photos, I have been staying busy with my decorating as my customers are resort girls and the homes are empty so I can work in them and still stay socially distanced.

Stay safe and sane.


No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive