Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Good Harbor Sand Dunes

The last day of summer.

Coming back from an appointment in Cedar. 

The lure of the warm sun, through the sunroof of my Jeep, shinning down on me. 

Made me pull over and cross the highway.

I headed down the path to the lake, camera in my hand. 

The heat of the sunshine reflecting off the sand. 

Up and down and then around the dunes. 

Lost in thought. 

Marveling at the terrain. 

All the greens lite by the yellow rays of light. 

Reflections in the still waters between the swells. 

The guiding point of land. 

The lake bed of ages ago, revealed. 

As I crest the last dune and follow the path down to the lake. 

Crystal water. 

Silky sand. 

The lake twinkles and sparkles. 

As I turn to walk back up the path to a different point of view. 

Social distancing at it's finest. 

My mind empty of all the thoughts and decisions of the day. 

Solitude. 

What a beautiful day. 

I look back, one more time. 

As I turn to go.

Back through the woods. Filled with the magic, warm from the sun, freshened by the water of this solitary run. 



 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive