Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Thursday, January 14, 2021

Phonetos

And just like that, Christmas is a memory, reflected in the rear view mirror of time. 


The majestic Amaryllis have bloomed in all their glory.


A late Christmas present from Jackie the decorator! Fresh pasta from The Flying Noodle. If you love Mama Lu's, for tacos, this restaurant is just across the street for your Italian Pasta fix. So delicious! 


Winter is here and what I wear are hand knit socks and Irish wool socks and Scottish Cashmere sweaters. Although, quite a lot of hand washing and drying in front of the wood stove. All worth it to be able to wear natural fibers to keep me warm and cozy.


A quick install of chair seats for a customer's home in the woods. 


On my way back from errands I had an encounter with, I thought at the time, a Snowy Owl. (pictured above)


When I returned home I pulled my big book of North American Birds off the shelf and found plates for artic birds. It seems that it was a Gyrfalcon, that flew down next to me and made eye contact. I was floored, he was large and handsome with coal black eyes. 
 

It seems like it is taking me forever to put the studio and show room back together. Deep organization and function are the main contributors taking up all the time. It will be worth it when I am finished.

 

The music is rocking and I am dancing! Tiny Little Movies by Will Hoge. Helps get the job done!!

Where did half of January go?  


 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive