Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Monday, February 15, 2021

Feast Of Saint Valentine

So, for Christmas, Steve found a new, did I say new?, Ina Garten cookbook! "modern comfort food" and did we make some delicious food. How else to celebrate love in the pandemic? First we made an Applesauce Cake with Bourbon raisins and Bourbon crème cheese frosting. Sylvia says, "dessert first for a special occasion!"  

Lynlee, one of the family artists, dropped this card in the mail! Pretty intricate cut out work, wouldn't you say? 

Next up, Ina's Warm Spinach and Artichoke Dip. Hot and gooey, served with toasted baguette.

We were laughing and singing around the kitchen. The Steak Fajitas were the best we ever tasted. Thank you Ina!

I even finished my take on a knitted "Hudson Bay" blanket afghan. This was the third winter for lap work. It kept me warm while I was knitting and now it just keeps me warm. I love the weight of the Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky wool. So soft and cuddly. 

The real treat, for the Valentine Feast Day, was the card my feller picked out at the grocery store!

Thinking outside the box! Trying to social distance and pick out a Valentine card was tricky. He went to the other side of the card display and was able stay six feet away from all the other shoppers and buy the sweetest card I ever had! 

Happy Valentine's Day!!

 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive