Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Saturday, February 6, 2021

Saturday In My Studio

Bundled myself up and walked the four hundred feet to the the studio, this afternoon. Eleven degrees with wind and snow out of the west. I am a chilly hillbilly, down here, in the holler.  

Looks pretty wintery out there!

This is an old Karl Godwin advertising poster from 1931. I hung it on the bathroom wall, in my office. It was an advertisement for pipe tobacco. My Great Aunt Irene painted out the verbiage with clouds and pipe smoke. The framed poster hung in my Great Aunt Emelia's glassed in porch when I was growing up. The, old, worn out image looks so good against the black wall! 

Picked up these little pieces of art at Rolling Hills Antiques, last week. An older man, deceased now, drew the outline in the soft poplar and then painted them. Outsider art! 

I love the light in this painting. I also, like how it works with the lamp on the basket table. Casual elegance!! Is there such a thing? 

This combination of patterns and colors feels so crisp to me. Clean, contemporary, fresh are all words that come to my mind. 

Moving my props around. The push and pull of decorating. 

If you see anything that catches your eye, e-mail me and make an appointment to come and visit. I will quickly dust and vacuum then make us a pot of tea to take the chill away. 

 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive