Anchor Cottage Freshwater Decor Decorating Store

We offer decorating services in the Leelanau Peninsula. Our studio has fabrics, bedding samples and rug swatches. We offer lamp repair, shades, harps and finials with access to over 1,000 lamps. Furniture painting and repair. Wall paper books are available. Reach out to us at shop@anchorcottage.net.



Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Tuesday Musings

 

thehouseofsmiths.com

Waiting, waiting, waiting for my bespoke lampshades to ship! Ordered the beginning of June knowing it was going to be 12 weeks out! Trying to have them in the studio, to take orders off of, before all the ladies head back south. The timing could have been perfect for next spring delivery! Oh well!

slipcovermakeover.com

I tried my hand at making slipcovers for box cushions, everything was fine except I am the worst at putting in zippers . I need to push myself to practice, instead of hand sewing my cushions closed, including the pillows that I make! You would think that if I can sew an envelope back I could put a zipper in!!

vogue.com

This dress is me! 100% me! Socks and sandals not me but close! I love that todays style is allowing us to wear shoes and socks with dresses. 

quadrillefabrics.com

Fresh and blue, crisp and clean! This would be a great Florida bedroom. Just add green palm fronds in the corners and a real live parrot on a perch! 



thebasketcase

If I didn't have full log walls I would paint my living room this color! There are a lot of windows and in the summer it is all green leaves outside and the winter it is all white with snow. It would be a dramatic contrast winter or summer! 

rockler.com

My crafty little husband has taught himself to weave chair seats. He also does caning and wicker repairs as well. He has finished several sets of chairs and wicker furniture pieces and his customers loved them. 

stylemepretty.com

Valances use to be the thing! Shirred onto a rod and hung at the top of the window for a little color and softness. Now it is roman shades. Faux romans, full length romans and my favorite, relaxed romans. Just another way to decorate with color, texture and shape.

Well there you have it! Blogging with Pinterest!



No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive